cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource PCs keep getting disconnected

AkankshaSharma
Level 2
The resource PCs keep getting disconnected while a process is running. What can be the reason and how do I correct that?
1 REPLY 1

BenKirimlidis
Level 7
Hi Fawkes, Harry Potter fan? 🙂 Check out HPMOR.com if you are! Secondly, is the PC getting disconnected or does it appear that way in the control room?  I'm using Blue prism ver 6.2 and very frequently I can see some disagreements between what different parts of the UI is telling me.  I'll give you three scenarios which I see a lot of. Scenario 1 -On the top right of the 'Control' tab I can see that resources are idle or not responding. -However in the environment it says those PC resources are working away on a process. -And this is confirmed by the queue management showing line items being worked regularly. Scenario 2 -On the top right of the 'Control' tab I can see that a resource is idle or not responding. -In the environment it says there is a warning -But in the queue management showing line items being worked regularly. Scenario 3 -On the top right of the 'Control' tab I can see that a resource is logged out and it cycles constantly back and forth between 'Connection Lost', 'Validating' and 'No Connection could be made because the resource refused connection' and then goes to 'Yes - Connected'. - PC may be responsive sometimes but a lot of the time if I try and get a process running on that resource I get the message 'Resource Too Busy' or 'Resource Not Connected' even though 5 seconds later it'll say something different without me doing anything. I have no idea what causes these disconnects.  If this is the behavior you're seeing I do not know the root cause. General Recommendation and First Step to Fix This Kind of Issue Try turning it off and on again Try restarting the App server, the SQL database and all your resource PCs. If you are randomly seeing PCs disappearing, reappearing and not being able to connect to the Blue Prism or the DB this can fix the problem. We usually restart all the servers once a month. For resource PCs we've taken to restarting them every day as part of a schedule and it has alleviated a lot of this behavior. Still happens but nearly as frequently.