Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining Credentials during Upgrade

Subburayalu_Kis
Level 2
Hi All,

I'm migrating from 6.4 to 6.7.2 BP.

I have 1000+ credentials created in 6.4 Prod env with APP Server connection and scheme as AES256 Cryptoservice(Default). It involves huge human efforts if we are to create the same credentials in 6.7.2.

Is there any possibility to get all the credentials migrated as part of the upgrade ?

Appreciate your thoughts on this !

------------------------------
Subburayalu Kishore Vijayaraman
Information Technology
Tata Consultancy Services
Asia/Kolkata
2 REPLIES 2

Hello Subburayalu,

It is possible to export the BP Credentials as part of a Blue Prism Release file. This Release file can then be imported into the new v6.7.2 environment. The only requirement is that the Encryption Scheme and Key be redefined in the new environment before the import. See the below BP documentation on the topic. You should be able to confirm this via the in product documentation as well.

30090.png

Wing Ling Leung
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism Professional Services

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Subburayalu,

You are able to export credentials however they are only placeholders. Sensitive information such as passwords is not included. 

I find a lot of our customers often choose to upgrade by migrating the BP database across. In this way, you can save efforts in migrating credentials.

That being said, there exist many ways you can migrate credentials, one such way is by copying database records across while maintaining the encryption methods the same in the source and the destination databases. I would suggest you reach out to us if you wish to discuss the details.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney