cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-created all credentials after upgrade to fix could not decrypt error, but Data Gateway credential still won't work

NathanHuckabay
Level 2

Hello,

We recently upgraded to Blue Prism 7.1.2 and faced the "Could not decrypt data: Padding is invalid and cannot be removed." error. We figured out that we likely replaced our original encryption scheme during our upgrade and got everything to work by recreating the credentials with the new encryption scheme. 

The problem is even after creating a new Data Gateway credential with the encryption scheme, we still receive the error above. I've checked in the database and the encrypt ID of the credential matches our newly created default scheme.

Is there something specific to Data Gateways I'm missing?

Thanks for the help!

2 REPLIES 2

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff

Have you had a chance to review the Knowledge Base article about this scenario, "How do I fix "Cannot decrypt padding invalid" error with Data Gateways?"

There are some DG-specific mitigation steps in there that may help as a first step. If you're still experiencing this issue after trying these, I would suggest to open a Support ticket with us so we could investigate further.

NathanHuckabay
Level 2

Hey, Steve. Thanks for the answer. That guide didn't fix my problem, but it allowed me to see what I think the problem is. My credential is pointing to the correct encryption scheme, but it looks like the configuration in the BPADataPipelineProcessConfig is pointing to a different scheme. I'm thinking if I point this config to the matching encryption scheme as my credential it will fix the issue. Is it okay to change the encryptid in BPADataPipelineProcessConfig directly in the database? I would prefer to do it through the Blue Prism application, but I don't see an option for this.

Thanks again!