cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Elements not available

GiulioBernardin
Level 3
Hi all, I am trying to integrate Blue Prism with SAP but when I try to spy the application I cannot see the SAP elements (e.g. SAP Tree View). The scripting mode is already enabled on both the client and the server. Moreover, I've seen that in the installation folder there is an XML ("SAPElements.xml") but Blue Prism does not see them in the Application Modeler. Is there a way to enable them? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance, Giulio
4 REPLIES 4

GiulioBernardin
Level 3
Please ignore this topic... for some reasons, SAP was rebooted and scripting was reset to default (FALSE) on server side... now SAP spy mode is working as expected..

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Giulio if scripting is enabled on both sides then it should work. And I'm assuming you're using SAP thick-client, not a web app. Because there might be custom elements types we've never seen before, it's not guaranteed that the spy mode will pick everything up, but it should see the basics like buttons, field, dropdowns, tables etc. Does the spy mode pick up simple elements or nothing at all? If it's nothing at all then there must be something wrong. In my experience the exe top attach to is called saplogon.

John, I'm having a similar issue. The SAP spy mode picks up the windows from the SAP transaction that I am currently on, but it doesn't spy the buttons or specific column names. Instead it wants to grab a whole toolbar or a whole ALV grid. Any suggestion?
Lourdes Urena Sr Solutions Engineering Grainger Panama Services Panama

PeterLíška
Level 2
Hello Guys, I have similar problem when trying to spy Folders and subfolders in SAP Business workplace. SAP spy mode simply cant see any af folder and subfolders. Best regards