cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduler Not Working

SyedShareef
Level 3
Hi Everyone,

I am having a strange issue with scheduling a process on a newly configured virtual machine (which is setup as a runtime machine). We have already a few virtual machines setup with the scheduler working fine, but our newest virtual machine does not work with the scheduler. It shows 'IDLE' and connected in the control room, but whenever we schedule a process the logs show the same error 'XXX resource is offline. Retried 15 times..'

When I manually drag & drop from the control room, the process launches fine as well.

The scheduler is enabled on the new VM.
Login Agent is used to login on the new VM
The setting 'start a personal runtime resource on this machine when users sign into Blue Prism' is OFF.

Some screenshots for more information.

The Log from recent activity:
13152.jpg
The VM in control room:
13153.jpg

Has anyone ran into this issue before? is there some configuration I am missing here?

Thanks & Regards!

------------------------------
Syed Shareef

11 REPLIES 11

VivekGoel
Level 10
"The setting 'start a personal runtime resource on this machine when users sign into Blue Prism' is OFF."

Please turn it ON.

Vivek Goel
"If you like this post, please press the "Recommend" Button.

​Hi Vivek,
Thanks for your answer. I tried changing the setting to On but it made no difference with my issue.
Just to confirm - you were talking about turning this setting on for the runtime machine? (Not interactive)

Thanks!

Syed Shareef

Walter.Koller
Level 11
Is the new VM in the same network domain as the existing runtime resources?
If not, changing the FQDN short name / long name settings might help.
We have several VMs located in different network domains and we have to use FQDN long name for communication but use short names for display.
btw this setting also affects the content of WSDL of exposed web services.

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Group IT International GmbH
Europe/Vienna

​Hi Walter, thanks for your reply.

Yes the new VM is in the same domain.
I also tried changing the FQDN short name settings but all 3 options come to the same result.
'XXX resource is offline. Retried 15 times..'

Regards,

Syed Shareef

DaveMorris
Level 14
Take a look at the Support Article related to Troubleshooting Scheduler. It may not solve your issue, but I'm guessing this is a simple problem of some random setting that either you missed when setting up the VM or BP on it or something. I would be tempted to generically say to check firewall settings or something. I could have sworn this was a somewhat common issue but I cannot seem to find the other posts about it at the moment.

Anyway, here's the support article I'd go through in detail before tearing your hair out: http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1186827302

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

LeonZwinderman
Level 2

Hi Syed,

Currently I am facing the same problem. The problems started after an upgrade from Win7 to Win10. My best guess is that your newest VM is not configured as the others. For example running programs in admin mode or having a different power setting. If you find a solution,please share.

Best regards,

Leon Zwinderman
Business Consultant
Atos

​Thanks Dave for your suggestion; I took a look at the support link you sent and I found a page showing exactly my issue:

Why can I see a Runtime Resource as 'Connected' in Control Room, but it fails to run a Scheduled Task?

"If Runtime Resources show as being offline within Control Room, which is running directly on the Application Server (whether connected directly to a database or connected to a Blue Prism Server type connection), then you need to check the communications between the Runtime Resource and the Application Server."

Do you know how I can check the communication between Runtime Resource & Application Server?

"Ensure that there are no firewall settings (both hardware and software) blocking the ports in use or the actual applications (automate.exe and for the Application Server - blueprismserverservice.exe or BPserver.exe depending on whether or not you are running your BP server via the server service)."

Both of these applications are allowed through the firewall. I even tried disabling the firewall on runtime resource, but it made no difference.

"In addition, check that there is no Network Address Translation in use between the machines (v4.2 and v5, and v6 if using .NET Remoting type of configuration)."

We are using WCF so this one should not apply.

Thanks Again,

Syed Shareef

​Hi Leon, thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, the newest VM has the same OS (Windows 10) as the other resource PC's. Power, regional, group policy, & startup settings are configured the same. If I find a solution, I will be sure to share it here.

Regards,

Syed Shareef

Hi Syed,

Do you know how I can check the communication between Runtime Resource & Application Server?

I got a recommendation to do a psping test between all the BP components. There is an article about it here: https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/documents/How%20to%20use%20PsPing%20to%20test%20ping%2C%20latency%20%26%20bandwidth%20between%20Blue%20Prism%20Components.pdf

Leon Zwinderman
Business Consultant
Atos