cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduler is not working after restart the resource pc task

RadovanBordovsk
Level 3
Hello, Scheduler was working now it is not working >> When resource pc task (down at a right corner) is needed to be shut down, exited, after re-start via command line it is somehow not loaded back and scheduler is not working(BP server connection still works.) Solution is to restart Blue prism Server service and then scheduler is working again. But BP server service is not at the same resource pc and we are not allowed to restart it at any time we want due to lack of admin privileges. It is weird because at my computer I can restart the resource pc task multiple times and scheduler is still working without the need of restart the BP server. Could you please give me the advice to enhance reliability meaning how to restart Resource pc task and still have scheduler working? Thank you very much Radek
5 REPLIES 5

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
You should not need to restart the service and it does not sound like the problem is in the scheduler, it must be in the way you are restarting the resource PC.

RadovanBordovsk
Level 3
For example it crashes by itself and then I try to re-start it via command line ""C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Automate.exe"" /resourcepc /public /invisible The task itself starts and it runs as port 8181 normally but scheduler is not working until the re-start of BP server which is on another virtual machine... Do you have any idea how to be able to restart it without the need of restart the BP server? I want to emphasize that BP server connection is still working so I can sign into the studio only scheduler is not working...

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
It sounds strange. If you start the Client on the resource machine, is the connection to BP Server OK? The resource PC will use the last known connection details. If the details in the client are not correct, then this could be why the resource PC dos not start up properly.

RaviBhalia
Level 3
Hello, Managing Scheduler from Process >> we want to start and stop a Scheduler from a process (Managing of Scheduler from Process level instead of from control room)  Could you please give me the advice how we can manage scheduler at process level? I am looking to maximise the use of robots to its most.  Thank you very much Ravi

RadovanBordovsk
Level 3
Hi John, seems that only upgrade to BP 6 newest version helped. It is resolved and solid now.