cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedules not Running

WillemEls
Level 2
Hi We have a correctly set up Blue Prism Environment (Runtime Resources, App Server Database, Interactive Client) and am running Version 6.3.  Why do some of our Runtime Resources show as online and connected after you run the make public script, it also reflects as online idle  in Control Room, but the schedules are not running.  If I drag and drop a process from control room it runs.  This is only happening to some of our runtime resources, not all.  There was a bug fix from Version 6.0 where thus problem occurred when connection to the database was lost.  Is this still a bug as we cannot find anything in our network or machine diagnosis that indicates a problem.
8 REPLIES 8

DaveMorris
Level 14
We had similar problems in 6.3 and 6.3.1. Before losing your mind trying to troubleshoot the problem, you may want to try upgrading to a later version. That could mean either 6.3.2 or 6.4.1. I can confirm we no longer have those issues in 6.4.1, but I can't confirm that for 6.3.2 because we skipped it entirely. But if you take a look at the Release Notes, it describes similar problems with Control Room. We had to restart our app servers periodically before. Now we've been running 6.4.1 for a week or two now without needing a restart and the Schedules have been triggering correctly.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

WillemEls
Level 2
Thanks.  Is there no potential work around?  We have 70 Runtimes in Prod and 40 odd components in Devs that require upgrading, rather timeous task

LuisMartinez
Level 3
If you telnet the app server from the runtime does it work? We had same issue, upgrading to 6.4 didn't help but then that prompted us to revisit our firewall rules. Turns out firewall was blocking the app server communication. 

nagagadhiraju
Level 2
Hi, We have an issue while running the scheduler. The process terminates with a message saying – Could not create a session for Process:1234 on Resource: ABC Message – No connection to Resource PC. We are using Version 6.1 and planning to upgrade. What is the the stable version to upgrade?

DaveMorris
Level 14
6.4.1 is still good for us.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hello,
I have same issue with 6.1 version. I have this problem only with Win10. Can it be related with windows version?

------------------------------
Günsu Eskicioğlu
Business and Integration Arch Senior Analyst
Accenture
Europe/Istanbul

We use ver.6.3.2 for production environment and there are no problems with scheduler.

Chenglung Tsai
Consultant
Avanade

Hey Dave. For some odd reason, we have to restart our servers again in 6.4.3 for scheduler to work. It was fine in the earlier release.

Veasna Koeut
RPA Lead Developer
Accenture
America/New_York