cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seek for best practice for web based development migration

EricLi
Level 6
Hi, Guys

We have some processes are developed based on IE explore, but IE will be replaced by Google Chrome or MS Edge soon. It means all related processed require to be redesigned to cater new explore. It is quite inefficiency. So would like to have your advices on:
1. Is there any best practice can mitigate this kind of migration?
2. Our blue prism version is 6.4, should we need to upgrade  BP to more latest version? Which version is quite good to support Google Chrome or MS Edge?

------------------------------
Eric Li
Operation Analysis
AIG
Asia/Hong_Kong
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Eric

I had a similar issue earlier this year and unfortunately I dont think there is anything that will auto update all processes for use in Edge or Chrome and you will need to do some manual redevelopment. Fortunately though you can get a good idea of how much will need to be redeveloped and where in the processes these changes will be required by using the application modeller conversion tool on the digital exchange. Its located here Blue Prism Digital Exchange 

This will give you an output file with the details of the objects that need work, time to redevelop etc its very useful. As for the upgrade to a new version I had to do the same thing and normally I would suggest using the most up to date verion but I was hesitant in doing this in case there were any issues with vbos no longer working in version 7. So I upgraded from 6.5 to 6.10 and this worked pretty well and straight forward enough to do, also remember that on edge and chrome you will need to enable the blueprism extension as well.

Hope this helps 🙂

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
Everis Consultancy
Europe/London

Hi Eric,

As Michael has correctly suggested, many times manual redevelopment is the only way otherwise in many scenarios (almost 70-80%) in my experience, the application modeller conversion tool can be your best bet. Even if some of the objects if do not work still 80-90% of your components can be migrated accurately.

If you want to know how to use it, I have a tutorial posted on my channel for the same, you can refer the following link: Application Modeller Conversion Tool​​​​

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you and if it resolves you query please mark it as the best answer so that others having the same problem can track the answer easily

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Automation Consultant
Blueprism 6x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Thank you Michael and Devneet, I got the tool.​

Eric Li
Operation Analysis
AIG