cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending e-mail using Gmail SMTP server and POP3/SMTP VBO

WimLogister
Level 2
I am trying to send e-mail through the POP3/SMTP VBO, using the G-Mail SMTP server (requirement for this project). Unfortunately, so far I am having no luck getting this to work. I consistently get the following error: "The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required." I am using the SMTP settings as recommended on Google's SMTP settings help page: https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en I have tried all possible permutations of SMTP ports and enabling/disabling SSL in the VBO's "Configure" action and I am providing the G-Mail credentials I was provided for the project. I have taken the necessary steps as far as I know, for instance enabling the "Allow less secure apps" setting in Gmail, but to no avail. Does anybody have any experience automating G-Mail in this way?
4 REPLIES 4

adityakumar2
Level 3
Getting same issue.Someone please help.

Deepa_SankariRa
Level 3
Im facing the same issue. Any update?

MadhuBalineni
Level 4
Hi all,   open your gmail a/c setting which ever you are configuration, you need to goto the secure sign on, you can find the one option less secure apps and you can choose as this option is on. so that you can able to send mails.   Thanks Madhu

Deepa_SankariRa
Level 3
Hi Madhu,   Can you please explain the context more brief,I feel little difficult to get it, like where I can exactly find the secure sign on in my Gmail a/c.?   Thanks.