cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Windows Title

MadhuGarg
Level 4

Hi,

How to get the Windows Title for a Web Application. I refer different thread on Community but didn't get any unique answer.

Kindly advise how to get it ? (Lets say the Target Application is : https://transport.telangana.gov.in/)

Also please confirm does the process name for IE, CHROME, EDGE is "ieexplore", "chrome", "msedge" respectively, always remains same.

Thanks

------------------------------
Madhu Garg
7 REPLIES 7

dochrymuk
Level 4

Hi Madhu Garg,

Yes, process name is always the same. To get Winows Title you can use action in Utility - General -> Get Windows

Here you can download this object: Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Dawid Ochrymuk
Manager
KPMG Poland
Dawid Ochrymuk Manager KPMG Poland

Thanks Dawid for replying.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Utility-General is a default VBO which is provided by Blue prism itself. We can directly import it from our C/Program File/Blue prism Automate/VBO.

I have attached a screenshot. There I could not find any Action, where we can get the WINDOWS TITLE as Output. 

Please advise. Thanks

Madhu Garg

KishlaySingh
Level 5

Hi @MadhuGarg,

Process name always remains the same, i.e. "ieexplore", "chrome", "msedge".

To get the window/web page title, you can use WIN32 mode to get the title of the application quite easily by spying the entire main page itself.

Thank you.

Kishlay Singh
Senior Officer
UOB
Asia/Singapore
Kishlay Singh Senior Consultant UOB Singapore

Hi, Madhu,

as Dawid mentioned you need to go to Digital Exchange and download the update version from there. Then you will see the action which David refers to.

Regards

Zdenek

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

Thanks Kishlay for the response. I have downloaded the new one.

Can you please clarify about the INPUT PARAMETER FOR THIS. Attached the screenshot.

Thanks. 

Madhu Garg

Parameters are used to limit the number of responses in the output. You can complete the fields for which you have data or leave the fields empty, then you will receive collections with all the windows that are available.

I sometimes have problems because when giving Input I don't get all the windows for the given parameters, so I usually read all the windows and filter the collection which is the Output of this action.

Dawid Ochrymuk
Manager
KPMG Poland
Dawid Ochrymuk Manager KPMG Poland

SimonOrefici_Fr
Level 2

Another simple way is to spy the html "head title" using a css selector and grab the text value off that element with a read stage.

Simon Orefici Frederiksen