cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Automation issue

RishabhChauhan
Level 3
Hi All,

I have to develop a new process using surface automation in my organization and i am pretty new to it. I tried automating one of the application behind citrix layer and it is failing continuously. Can someone please help in this?

------------------------------
Rishabh Chauhan
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi @RishabhChauhan,

Yes, I was referring to the position as "Fixed". Did you try using the position as "Anywhere" or "Relative" as compared to "Fixed" ?
I understand that the screen resolution is fixed but the zoom percentage, colors of the application, location etc. everything matters while working with Surface automation and in order to make it a stable solution, always try different backup approaches with retry logics.

Manpreet Kaur
Manager
Deloitte
*If you find this post helpful mark it as Best Answer

View answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @RishabhChauhan,

What error you are getting while performing the automation?

Manpreet Kaur
Manager
Deloitte

Thanks @ManpreetKaur1 for the response.
I am getting below error:

12697.png
Can you please help me in that​

Rishabh Chauhan

Hi @RishabhChauhan,

Thanks for sharing the error details. Are you using "fixed" image pattern while creating a region ?​

Manpreet Kaur
Manager
Deloitte

Hey Rishabh,

It is difficult for any RPA product to get UIs through something like Citrix or an RDP.  It looks like Blue Prism has attempted to solve this with the following:

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-7-0/en-us/Guides/citrix-integration/citrix-introduction.htm?Highlight=Citrix

It is important to note that if you cannot get the Citrix integration to work, you are typically limited to hotkeys and image based recognition.

Best of luck!

Michael Annis

Hi @ManpreetKaur1,

Are you referring to the position as "Fixed" ?
Yes, I was using the fixed position for spying the element since the screen resolution is fixed​​​

Rishabh Chauhan

HI @MichaelAnnis1,

Yes, BP v7 tried resolving the citrix automation issue but it requires Blue prism to get installed on Citrix VDE which was not possible in our scenario as client IT department​ denied for the same.

Rishabh Chauhan

Hi @RishabhChauhan,

Yes, I was referring to the position as "Fixed". Did you try using the position as "Anywhere" or "Relative" as compared to "Fixed" ?
I understand that the screen resolution is fixed but the zoom percentage, colors of the application, location etc. everything matters while working with Surface automation and in order to make it a stable solution, always try different backup approaches with retry logics.

Manpreet Kaur
Manager
Deloitte

Also, please try changing the "Color Tolerance" value as well in order to accommodate different color values.

Manpreet Kaur
Manager
Deloitte

Thanks @ManpreetKaur1 for the quick responses. Appreciate your help in this.
I will check on your suggestions ​​and modify the code accordingly. Thanks

Rishabh Chauhan