cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telnet and HTTP - AUTHENTICATION FAILS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I am trying to create some scripts, that need basic information from the BP environment. For this I would like to use the HTTP or TELNET interface. We use SSO authentication in our setup, and my user has permission access to every feature in BP. When i send the authentication sequence: user name ->USER SET : password -> Authentication Failed I know for sure, that I am using the right password. I have no special chars in my password. This happens both via telnet and HTTP. Any suggestions why this fails? Does it have to do with our using SSO?
2 REPLIES 2

RobinToll
Staff
Staff
I'm sorry, can you clarify the situation slightly? Are you trying to Telnet or connect via HTTP from inside a BP process against a remote system? The SSO in question - is this the user that the client is logging in as? What system is the authentication error coming from, and what environment is the error in?

LucioDel_Testa
Level 2
Hi, I'm dealing with this problem too. I'd like to use RESOURCE PC COMMANDS to set session variables on more sessions at the same time but the authentication fail, Always. I tried to (on a local machine and a production one): 1) Activate reource pc with: autuomate.exe /public /reopsurcepc 2) telnet localhost 8181 3) status (This works fine!) 4) Authenticate with robot user (with admin privileges on that machine) Are special privileges nedded ? Thank you, Lucio.