cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time out error in blue prism Schedular

varshakanthikar
Level 3
Hello,

Hi, I have scheduled a process , while running process I am getting error as "Resource XXXXXXXX : Timed out waiting for valid connection" If I manually drag the process to a resource in the control room, the process runs fine. But fails to kick off if I schedule the same process on the same resource. Please refer to the attached image. I have verified all the scheduler settings in Blue Prism and on my resourcepc as per document . Can somebody please help me out finding a solution for this?

25877.png

------------------------------
varsha kanthikar Senior Software engineer
Senior Software Engineer
persistent systems limited
Indiana
9 REPLIES 9

Hi Varsha

Does the resource you are connecting to require a login? Are you using the login agent for this and are you using the login agent Login/Unlock for accessing the machine?

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
Everis Consultancy
Europe/London

Hi, Varsha,

did you configured Blue Prism Server windows service (Blue Prism Application Server)? Without that scheduler does not work. Furthermore, did you restart Runtime Resource?

Regards,

Zdenek

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

Hi @varsha kanthikar,

At first glance, the issue seems to be with Login agent. Have you tested login agent?
Also, please confirm if the runtime resource is in login state or logout state while you try dragging and dropping in control room?​

Ritansh Jatwani Senior Consultant
Consultant
EY
Gurgaon
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer

Hi Ritansh,

resourcepc is in log out state , with key symbol and status Yes connected. When manually i am dragging login agent process login on resourcepc it works smoothly and my BOT also run smoothly, but when i am scheduling process not able to run it

Senior Software Engineer
Indiana

Yes i am using login agent. and first i am running login process to login to resourcepc using schedular, login agent process and my bot process works fine by drag and drop but it is not working using scheduler

Senior Software Engineer
Indiana

Hi Zdenek,

Can you please share detailed steps to do this.

I have restarted runtime resource too.

Senior Software Engineer
Indiana

Hello Varsha,
check the port used for communication with the resource (usually something like 8181).

This looks like the communication is enabled from your pc to the resource but it's forbidden from the app. server to the resource.

Stanislava Tlustá

Hi Ritansh

If you havent set up the windows server service for blueprism yet then this could be the issue as Zdeněk Kabátek mentioned. Ive attached a copy of the enterprise edition installing doc which details how to set up the service. However check this is not installed and running first by searching windows for Services and you should see BPServer in the list of services if it set up and should also show if it is running already.
​​​

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
Everis Consultancy
Europe/London

EVIPUTI
MVP
Keep the login agent process separate and schedule it 5-10 mins before the main process, so that all services will be up and running in meanwhile. 

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification and Optimization Designer(Solutions Architect)
Fidelity International
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------