cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timings on Blue Prism Database

BalakumaranJ1
Level 2
Hello All,

I have blue prism installed locally on my company system. Both the Blue Prism Software and the Microsoft SQL database are in the same system. I notice that the timings for Queue shown in the Control Room differ from the timings present in Table BPAWorkQueueItem.

For Eg, In the control room , the completed status is displayed as 9/25/2019 10:56:39 AM (it is displayed according to the local time of the system) and the same timestamp in Database is 2019-09-25 05:26:39.743. 

Is time saved in UTC by default in Database and converted to local time in the control room ?

Also,  I scheduled a job , the timings displayed in the control room and the table BPAScheduleTrigger are the same.  Is this because that the job has to be run on the same system that the timings are not converted ?

------------------------------
Balakumaran J

3 REPLIES 3

BenKirimlidis
Level 7

Hi Balakumaran,

I have experienced same issue.  Are you also seeing that when you use the filters in the control room that the figures do not correspond which the datetimes displayed?
E.g. Ours is 1 hour off rather than 5 in your case, when I filter to items updated the last hour nothing appears, when I filter to items last updated in the last 2 hours, items from the last 1 hour will appear.

On the forum I have seen some recommendations such as set the local time on the resource PCs to just wait for daylight savings to swap the times again (won't work in your case as you have greater than 1 hour difference).

Hopefully someone will have an actual solution to this problem.

Kind regards,
Ben

Ben Kirimlidis
RPA Developer and Data Analyst
PTSB
Europe/London

Walter.Koller
Level 11
We have the same behavior with v6.4.

Did you already contact BP support to file a bug report?

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Group IT International GmbH
Europe/Vienna

Hello,

dates associated with Work Queues Item records (e.g. created, started, deferred date) are stored as UTC in the Blue Prism database. When viewing work queues in the Control Room the times are converted from UTC to the local time of the user profile.
Note: When interacting with work queues from a process using the Work Queues internal business object, it is expected that all times will be passed to the VBO as UTC. Using non-UTC values will cause unexpected behaviour.

You can find more information related to date and timing in Blue Prism in the Date and Time Handling guide.
And also in this knowledge article on the Blue Prism portal: How does Blue Prism handle scheduling when components are in different time zones?

In relation to using filters in the Control Room, we are aware of an issue with the filtering option "Today".
The reason for this behaviour is because it uses Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) instead of the local time "Today".

This has been raised with the Blue Prism development team.

In the meantime, the workaround is to use other filters such as "last 12/18/24 hours".

Hope this helps.

Anthony Ringot
Senior Support Engineer