cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to log off W2012 server that has been RDP'd to from another Terminal Server

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm having a problem trying to log off a W2012 server that has been RDP'd to from a W2003 Terminal Server. I've tried using Surface Automation to find the Windows Start button and then click it. It does find the image and tries to click it (Global Mouse Click Centre) but only appears to highlight the button. Double-click doesn't do anything and right-click just highlights the button again. If I create a region over Windows Explorer in the toolbar, double-click and right-click both work as expected. I have also tried using Virtual Keys, where I've sent code to press the Windows key. I've also tried sending through code for ALT-F4 but nothing happens. If I manually log off the W2012 server, the same code works on the W2003 Terminal server. The Surface Automation also works. The virtual keys also don't work if I RDP from the W2003 Terminal Server to another W2003 server or to a W2008 server, so it's not limited to W2012. Does anyone know whether there are any related issues/solutions using Virtual Keys on a double-hop RDP session? Also, does anyone know why my Surface Automation works on other icons but won't work on the W2012 Start Button? Thanks, Paul
0 REPLIES 0