cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Install Tableau Reader in our Windows 6.9 Virtual Machine.

RajLoganathan
Level 2
Hi. I'm not able to Install Tableau Reader in our Windows 6.9 BP Virtual Machine. Is any other possible ways to read the Tableau file or it would be great if you able to provide the solution to read the Tableau file.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Raj,

In enterprises, generally the dashboards created on Tableau are posted on Tableau Online which is hosted on Tableau Server. There are API's available from Tableau Online which can help you to interact with the dashboards. You can find more about them at the following website: Tableau API references.

Also, there is a component on DX Exchange as well for interacting with Tableau Online from Blue Prism. Perhaps you can check it out : Connector For Tableau Online Integration

If you want to locally interact with any of the dashboard, unfortunately there are no DLL's which can help you interact directly. In past I did few POC's where through UI Automation I was able to interact with Tableau Desktop but again the controls are not that reliable and since Tableau Desktop also keeps on updating, they might change in future. If youa re trying with Tableau Reader as well UI Automation would be the only way possible as far as I can tell.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope this helps you out and if so, please mark the current thread as the 'Answer', so others can refer to the same for reference in future.
Regards,
Devneet Mohanty,
SS&C Blueprism Community MVP 2024,
Automation Architect,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.