Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect with Oracle Remote Database

Amit_KumarSahoo
Level 4
Hi , I am 
17253.png
facing problem in connecting with the Remote Oracle DB even after installing the 32bit ODAC component. The screenshot of the same has attached. Please do help in this context

------------------------------
Amit Kumar Sahoo
Assistant Software System Engineer Trainee
TCS
Asia/Kolkata
2 REPLIES 2

DaveMorris
Level 14
How much have you Googled this? It would be helpful to know what troubleshooting you've tried. I see that you tried installing ODAC, but from glancing around on the interwebs, it looks like other people have also had to make an entry in the tnsnames.ora file. See here on the msdn forums. And are you sure you need the 32-bit version of ODAC? Here's another suggestion as well regarding registering the installed provider through command prompt.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hi David, Thank you very much for your reply on this...Could you explian this ORACLE remote Database connection with a complete step by step demo on your youtube channel..I am a subscriber of your channel. 

In Blue Prism techchart community How do I configure the OLEDB VBO to connect to an Oracle database?

they  mentioned that 32bit driver is more reliable than 64bit. And I am not sure how to configure the tnsnames.ora.

Amit Kumar Sahoo
Assistant Software System Engineer Trainee
TCS
Asia/Kolkata