cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to highlight element using UIA mode

CiaraMarmion
Level 2
We have been spying elements with UIA mode - it spies them no problem. Then, after removing the attributes that are not required, when trying to highlight the spied element - Blue Prism freezes and 'not responding' and it needs to be killed from task manager.  We have limited the attributes to only those required We have tried with the different application manager modes  e.g. external. 64 bit mode etc. ( even though BP is 64 bit and the application is 64 bit) When trying to open the UI Automation Navigator, BP also freezes when trying to read all the elements Is surface automation the only option here? BP can't find any HTML elements in html spy mode either.  Thanks for any help, CM  
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Sounds like the application screen has very many elements. Try applying Match Index straight away, and then adjust/add/remove one attribute at a time, and try Highlight after each change. If it is a web app in Internet Explorer, then experiment by manually launching first and then attach using different Child Index values - it could be that the object is not attached to the correct iexplore.exe instance for HTML mode to work properly.

Hi John,

I'm facing similar issue for desktop application as well. 
When there are two executables running, one can spy elements on other exe but couldn't highlight. 
This is the case where single application opens multiple windows.

As a workaround, I had to create separate object for every exe launched within the same application and attach to existing screen.

Let me know if you have better options.

------------------------------
Sahana Mohan
Solution Designer
Blueprism
------------------------------
Sahana Mohan Lead Software Engineer SS&C Blue Prism