cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to identify / spy elements on a Oracle forms based browser applicaton

CuneytYildiz1
Level 2
A Oracle based forms application cannot identified as its elements with any spy actions of BluePrism as Win32, Java, HTML and even with Region mode. Java Access Bridge installation is done accordingly and also the application is running with 32-bit. So, the Java version of the computer is installed as 32 bit but the computer has 64-bit OS. When trying to identify window of the application Region mode gives error and cannot identify and spy the elements as windows, log in and password buttons of the application. How can be the possible solution for this problem? The screenshot is attached. Much appreciated for the solvings. Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
There seems to be 2 similar threads on the Forum about Oracle Forms. In the other thread I said this: Oracle Forms full client (not browser based) is based on the Java Runtime Engine, so your first thing to do is to get the correct version of Java Access Bridge (JAB) installed over the correct JRE files (there is a lot of information in installing JAB in the Knowledgebase). There is a Java Automation Guide in the Learning Area of the Portal. I can suggest using Match Index (maybe with match reverse) to speed up the interface.

Hi Dennis,
Ever since I received a new computer and we upgraded to 6.6 BP............I have been unable to spy Oracle.  You state:

"....so your first thing to do is to get the correct version of Java Access Bridge (JAB) installed over the correct JRE files". 

What does over the correct JRE files mean exactly?  Thanks for any help!
Jon

------------------------------
Jonathan Holstine
Systems Accountant
Interior Business Center
America/Denver
------------------------------