cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Moduler Password Data Type

JatinKalra
Level 5
Hi All,

While spying an element in via Application Moduler we have choice to select Attributes and its Data Type(Top Right).
Could any one share views or any referring document regarding, if we spy any password field and set its Data Type to Text (in application moduler) instead of Password. What it going to make difference. 

I know this is consider as one of best practice but let me know the technical side of it. Like what breach or miss can happen if we keep the Data Type in application modular as Text instead of Password. As I have saw many of application modular where user is selected text as data type instead of Password in application Modular.

Note: I am not talking about in Object Action Data type or Process Page data type.
I am taking about the selection of Data Type in Application Moduler.

Thanks
Jatin Kalra

------------------------------
Jatin Kalra
Assistant Manager
Genpact
Asia/Kolkata
Jatin Kalra Manager Genpact Noida UP [Phone]
3 REPLIES 3

JatinKalra
Level 5
Hi @KaranSareen, @PatrickAucoin,

Could you please help me for above mention post.

Thanks
Jatin Kalra​​​

Jatin Kalra
Assistant Manager
Genpact
Asia/Kolkata

In application modeller, you have the option to associate a data type with the element you have identified. It's for consistency from process studio to object studio, and for passwords, to ensure a masked data item stays masked.

It does enforce the validation for the other data types as well. For example, if you set the data type as date in the application modeller and then try to write something that is not a date, it will cause an error.

Another consideration on this topic is how you are spying the password field. For Active Accessibility mode, there is the Protected attribute, and for UI Automation, there is the UIA Password flag attribute.

Patrick Aucoin
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi @PatrickAucoin,

Thanks for reply.
It means we are not breaching anything.
Its just a best practice to keep Password Spied Text box Data Type as Password so Data will remain as masked.

Thanks
Jatin Kalra​

Jatin Kalra
Assistant Manager
Genpact
Asia/Kolkata