cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Blue Prism from v 6.7.1 to Blue Prism v7

SubhashThakur
Level 2
Hi Team,
I have Blue Prism 6.7.1 in my App Server and I need to install Blue Prism 7. Do I need to uninstall the old version and then install the new version.

Regards,
Subhash

------------------------------
Subhash Thakur
2 REPLIES 2

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff
Hi Subhash,

It's not necessary to uninstall v6.x prior to installing/upgrading to v7.0, but you will need to upgrade from v6.7.1 to a minimum of v6.8.1 first (see "Invalid Upgrade Paths" documentation here).

The basic upgrade procedure and version-specific information is contained in the 'Upgrade Notices' and 'Applying Updates' sections of the Release Notes for the version of Blue Prism to which you are upgrading. The 'Applying Updates' section contains the recommended procedure for applying updates to a given environment. We strongly advise reading the Release Notes as an essential part of planning an upgrade.

We'd also recommend review of our general Upgrade documentation.

Steve Boggs
Senior Software Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, TX

Carol__Ouellet
Level 5
As I'm also going through an upgrade from 6.5 to 7.0.1, I want to point out that you should take a particular attention to ASCR server configuration . I found it not very clear at first but there is a need to open ports between the interactive client and the application server, both ways.

Carol Ouellet
RPA Architect
IBM
America/New_York