cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Chrome in BP v6.2.1

SharmilShah
Level 4
Hello,

I am working on a project which is on salesforce. Recently SalesForce stopped support for IE11. I am using BluePrism 6.2.1 version. To work on my project, I need to switch to other browser. I tried with Chrome but it is not extracting data from a table.(I need to extract entire table). I tried with AA and UIA mode in chrome but nothing is working. I tried below steps:

1) Checked with UIA/AA mode to extract table. Table is highlighted in UIA mode but not getting an option to read table as a collection.
2) Table is highlighted in AA mode but Get Table is not working to read table data. It shows error
3) Browser mode option is not coming while spying elements
4) I have installed latest chrome browser extension but nothing is working with that too.

Kindly help me to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Sharmil

------------------------------
Sharmil Shah
6 REPLIES 6

IshanMahajan
Level 7
Hi Sharmil,

i think the answer would be 'No' but if you have possibility to downgrade Chrome version please try that. if you are using SAlesforce lightning application, as you said it may not work on IE, do you have an option to utilize Salesforce APIs ? i am not sure if they come bundled with tool or the client need to pay extra for it but you can give it a try, Salesforce APIs have all functionality which is provided by application.

Ishan Mahajan
India

Thanks Ishan for taking time to look into this. Unfortunately, I don't have Salesforce API and even can't downgrade chrome version. Do you have any idea about integrating other browsers apart from IE in BP v 6.2?

Sharmil Shah

Hello Sharmil, 

We encountered a ton of issues with 6.5 and Chrome. We ended up bringing in a deprecated version of Firefox to meet the needs, however, there were still gaps. We are going to be upgrading to account for this. I would assume with an older version of BP that you may have even more issues. My recommendation would be to test the newest version of BP and see if you are still seeing the issues. You will need a Chrome extension for optimal spying as well.

Efrain Cintron
Sr. Business Analyst
Kforce
Tampa FL

JoseGleiser
Level 3
Hi Sharmil

Since you said that the data is highlighted in AA/UIA mode I will asume that you are opening chrome with the parameter --force-renderer-accessibility, still is a good thing to check.

If I recall, prior to bp 6.3 you don't have the option to open a chrome browser, so it should be opened as a win32 application, also double check on that.

After that, if you are unable to extract the data with AA spy mode, your option is to follow surface automation, a quick option is to find a way to highlight the data, copy to clipboard, recover and parse it, other option is to use region mode.

Jose Gleiser
Head of Automation CoE
BCI
America/Santiago

Hi Sharmil.

Have you considered using surface automation? If all else fails and you cannot upgrade BP, SA will probably do the trick. SA has a reputation for being slow but done correctly, there is no reason to fear it.

It is at least something to consider.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Thank you @JoseGleiser. I had opened it as Win32 application and appended --force-renderer-accessibility to URL. Even after spying, I'm unable to activate application which I am trying with navigate stage and using focus on an element and also checked with browser spied with Win32 mode and activate application.​​

Sharmil Shah