cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for the downloaded file for web automation for after clicking "Run/Diownload" button

RPAJob_Opportun
Level 3

Hi Team, 

I am doing a web automation, and the business process requires to start another activity after the downloaded file is completed from the web after clicking the run.

In UIPATH, there is an activity called "Wait for Download". I was looking for a similar activity on the Blue Prism. Could you please help me with this. Appreciate your help.

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

AstridStollberg
Level 6
Hi,

I'm not aware of such functionality in Blue Prism but haven't used UI automation a lot to download files...
What I would do: check what changes on the screen once the download is complete (e.g. a "download completed" notification?), try to spy and wait for that element to appear.
Cheers [FirstName]

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AstridStollberg
Level 6
Hi,

I'm not aware of such functionality in Blue Prism but haven't used UI automation a lot to download files...
What I would do: check what changes on the screen once the download is complete (e.g. a "download completed" notification?), try to spy and wait for that element to appear.
Cheers [FirstName]

sumire
Level 8
Hello,

I usually use the following methods to wait:
  • check the download progress pop-up(IE, open by Ctrl+J) or download history option(Chrome)
  • verify the downloaded file exists using File Management VBO(repeat until the file exists)

I agree with you that "Wait for Download" Activity is easy to use. It would be nice if Blue Prism had such a VBO.
------------------------------
Mitsuko
Asia/Tokyo
------------------------------