cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning State - Control Room

maneesh.vemula1
Level 5
Hi All - Assuming a worker is in Warning state, is it possible in Blue Prism to get the 'status' of the worker? Is there any utility through which we can get the status or do we have to access the database? I'm sure a lot of you have come across this scenario and have you tried any techniques to maybe terminate the worker or get it back to a normal state? 

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
Maneesh Vemula
Philadelphia
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Maneesh,

The warning state in the control room that you are referring to indicates that a process has remained on the same stage beyond a set amount of time. You can configure or disable this session warning time in the systems settings under System Wide Settings > General. I think the default is 5 minutes.

What do you mean by status? One option to check out would be Resource PC commands:
https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-8/en-us/helpResourcePCCommands.htm

The availability command will return the availability level of the resource (none, background, foreground, exclusive), and busy will return a yes or no if there are any sessions pending or running.

Another option is to configure process alerts (pending, running, complete, stopped, stage, fail) and/or schedule and task alerts (started, completed, terminated). There are a few different notification methods in the UI for these alerts, or you could use the /alerts command.
More info on process alerts here: https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-8/en-us/helpProcessAlerts.htm

Patrick Aucoin
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Maneesh,

The warning state in the control room that you are referring to indicates that a process has remained on the same stage beyond a set amount of time. You can configure or disable this session warning time in the systems settings under System Wide Settings > General. I think the default is 5 minutes.

What do you mean by status? One option to check out would be Resource PC commands:
https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-8/en-us/helpResourcePCCommands.htm

The availability command will return the availability level of the resource (none, background, foreground, exclusive), and busy will return a yes or no if there are any sessions pending or running.

Another option is to configure process alerts (pending, running, complete, stopped, stage, fail) and/or schedule and task alerts (started, completed, terminated). There are a few different notification methods in the UI for these alerts, or you could use the /alerts command.
More info on process alerts here: https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-8/en-us/helpProcessAlerts.htm

Patrick Aucoin
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Patrick,

We have similar issue. Sometimes our processes goes to 'warning state' while in execution and resource would go to 'missing state' and process will be in warning state forever. When the process running in warning state, I will try to send 'stop immediately' instruction to the process. But, Blue Prism fails to send the stop instruction as the resource PC is missing or lost connection with application server.

How can we terminate schedule/stop the process in this scenario ?
Why the schedules are not terminated after 5 mins of 'default session warning time' as configured under system->settings->general ? 
Why Blue Prism can't restore the connection back to the client machine ?

I have also seen the same issue while executing in attended way. And this issue is happening while executing steps on service now application.

Please let me know if you want more details. I really appreciate your help in advance. 

Br Rajesh 

Rajesh Srirambhatla
Senior Consultant
Capgemini
Europe/Stockholm

Hi Rajesh,

Were you able to resolve the mentioned issue. If yes, can you please share the solution or your observation.

I have been facing the same issue, but while facing the issue instead of sending Immediate Stop command we once directly logged onto the resource machine and found that it used to get stuck at a specific step always and after logging the resource machine used to come out of warning state and the flow used to get complete. 

Rohit Khimavat
Software Engineer
Cross Country Info tech Pvt. Ltd
Asia/Kolkata

Hi,

In our case Blue Prism control room has shown warning state since the resource moved into an Ideal state and Screensaver was activated while the process was in execution and the reasons might be that the process was waiting for the target application to respond or the Blue Prism process doesn't use enough interactions with target application. That means the process should send some global send keys or mouse click events during the execution to keep the resource activated all the time. Since Blue Prism can't turn on the screen it was waiting forever and showing as warning state in control room. 
As part of solution steps we have turned off all the Screensavers in all our machines by GPO level settings and also made some changes in the process.

Now it looks like the issue is solved! At least we haven't seen the issue again.

BR

Rajesh Srirambhatla
Senior Consultant
Capgemini
Europe/Stockholm