cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows authentication - What access rights to DB?

JacopoFerrario_
Level 2
Hi everybody,

in Blue Prism 6.6 User Guide - Installing enterprise edition at page 25 it is stated:

"When SQL is secured using Windows Authentication, the configured Windows Service account will need to have appropriate (minimum) access to the SQL database."

I would like to know which is the minimum access rights that should be configured for windows users on the Blue Prism DB (created through Blue Prism).

I tried configuring users with rights to read and write (being then able to access BluePrism, previously unaccessible for the users) but after the login, I received an error while performing very basic actions (create a new process, ...), because "permission was denied".

So I'd like to know if there is a list of the needed permissions to be granted in order to avoid the error to appear, in order to have a fully functional app after the login through Windows authentication.

Thank you for your help,
Jacopo

------------------------------
Jacopo Ferrario Sardi
consutant
everis Italia S.p.A.
Europe/Rome
2 REPLIES 2

JamesMan
Staff
Staff
There are different DB permissions that are needed depending on what you are trying to do.  If you are trying to create the database for the first time, you'll need more permissions than if you are simply running the BP environment normally. 

The specific permissions can be found in the document "Provisioning a Blue Prism Server Database".  Please read the document that applies to your specific version of Blue Prism, under the section "SQL permissions".

https://portal.blueprism.com/documents/standard?title=provision&category=All&lang=1382

If you are performing a database schema upgrade as required by a product version upgrade, you might also require more DB permissions than normal.  You can read the version specific release notes to see if additional permissions are needed.

James Man
Professional Services
Blue Prism
Asia/Hong_Kong

Thank you very much, this is precisely the information I was looking for!

This community rocks 😉

Jacopo Ferrario Sardi
consutant
everis Italia S.p.A.
Europe/Rome