cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work arounds for Card Reader logins

GeorgePeters
Level 2
Hi BP Community,

I am on a project where we are automating an online banking process using Blue Prism. A bottleneck has emerged around the login page. Currently, the SMEs login with a card reader and login credentials. The card reader is a physical object that requires a card to be put in and a passcode produced to type into the online system. I was wondering if anyone has had this issue and discovered a work around? Or, know how we can advise the client to make this work? I was thinking that perhaps there is a digital card reader solution, or another way to validate without a physical card reader?

Your thoughts will be most appreciated.

Thanks,

George
1 REPLY 1

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @GeorgePeters,

There's nothing available at the moment, but there is work going on around integrating Blue Prism with physical card readers. Right now we're looking to release this as part of the May 2021 drop (reference to the Blue Prism roadmap published on the Portal).

With that said, may I ask what brand of card readers you're working with now? I assume they connect to a centralized auth platform? Do you know if that platform exposes any sort of auth API that can be used with your specific readers?

Disclaimer
This is provided for INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.  It is general in nature and should not be construed as a binding commitment by Blue Prism. Blue Prism makes no guarantee of any kind regarding the information provided herein.

Please do not rely on this information in making any purchase decision. The timing of development and release for any product, feature, or functionality shall be decided in Blue Prism’s sole discretion and is subject to change.

Cheers,