cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capturing text in pdf

CharishmaAgaram
Level 5
Hi I am trying to capture text in pdf using win mode, I am getting error like "There was an error during the spying operation". Same error when trying to capture using AA and region mode as well. Please provide solution.
5 REPLIES 5

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
There is a guide in the learning area of the portal about interfacing with PDFs. I presume you are just using Sufrace Automation to copy the text to clipboard to then extract it? Are you using Windows mode to do the following: Active window followed by tiny wait Click in the Middle of the document followed by tiny wait Copy to clip board keystrokes (ctrl A, ctrl C) Wait for clipbaord to be populated

CharishmaAgaram
Level 5
Hi Denis I am using windows mode. But to activate window, I have to select whole window using win mode. While capturing using win mode only , I am getting error like ""There was an error during the spying operation"". Please help me out. When i have launced adobe reader, in task manager 2 instances are running.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
My only recommendation is to ensure you are using the correct Application Modeller mode (32/64bit etc.) for your application. If you are interfacing with a 64bit application ensure you have the 64bit version of Blue Prism installed. Beyond that, if the issue continues it might be one for the Blue Prism product support team.

ShreyansNahar1
Level 4
After you launch the pdf using the object, detach the pdf once and then reattach. Post that, you should be able to perform spying.

Manohar_SaiBurr
Level 3
Hai charishma, I have the same problem here. I know why you got that error. Because, the PDF which you want to read is protected so you are facing that error. If you want clarification plz check it. first open that pdf in adobe reader and press CTRL+D then you will get properties of that particular document. In that there is a security tab > in that there is a ""PAGE EXTRACTION : NOT ALLOWED "". If you do have that in your document you cant take or read data through blue prism. Mine also same problem. so if you can try to change that otherwise create your own VBO for that. I am trying to write VBO for it. All the best. Bye