Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i want to automate gmail

NaumanAhmed
Level 2
hello

i want to automate Gmail using google. 
i search Gmail in google and then click on Gmail after that i click on username and enter password but sometimes these elements working fine but sometimes exception throws that no element matches . I'm using UI mode and browsing mode for spying these elements but their behavior is not constant .

kindly guide me

Nauman

------------------------------
nauman ahmed
3 REPLIES 3

Hello Ahmed,

Thank you for contacting the Blue Prism community.

I suggest using the waiting stage when clicking on the login/password button and ensuring that the user button for the password button exists.

Hossein Azimi
Senior Product Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Sydney, Australia

Hossein Azimi
Customer Support Engineer, APAC
Blue Prism
Sydney NSW

Hello Nauman,

I would recommend referring to the Modern Browser Automation course at BP University which mentions the best practice for dealing with modern browsers.

11632.png
Also rather than automating Gmail on the UI level, you can explore other assets on Digital Exchange that can work using API for email operations on Gmail.

That will be faster, more reliable, and more efficient than UI automation.

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead

@Nauman Ahmed,

As @Tejaskumar_Darji suggested, I would recommend using an existing integration to work with GMail instead of working through the browser. If all you're trying to do is download email or send email you might want to look at the EMail - POP3/SMTP VBO. If you're working with GMail accounts that are part of a Google Workspace environment, you might want to look at the GMail API connector.

Cheers,
​​

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange