cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kentarootaki
Level 3
question
Is it possible for Blue Prism to support screen reader software used by visually impaired software engineers?

Background of the question
A visually impaired software engineer uses screen reader software for Windows application programs. * 1
"JAWS" supports web accessibility. * 2
Currently, Blue Prism does not support screen reader software, so software engineers with visual impairments are developing by creating a program in XML and importing it into Blue Prism.
Even if they can code, it is difficult to debug with the UI of Blue Prism.
* 1 The screen reader software uses the Japanese version of "JAWS". Please refer to the URL below as there are differences between the English version and the Japanese version.
English version http://www.freedomscientific.com/
Japanese version http://www.extra.co.jp/jaws/index.html
* 2 WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) is defined in W3C (World Wide Web Consortium).

request
We are using version 6.x of Blue Prism.
We plan to move to version 7.x in the near future.
Is it possible to make the UI of Blue Prism compatible with "JAWS"?
To be more specific, 
We hope that the Blue Prism UI (CSS & HTML) will be created based on the "WCAG" guidelines.
3 Comments
AmyTsaousi
Community Team
Community Team
Hi Kentaro, Thank you for sharing your idea.

The team have reviewed your idea and we have marked this idea as need more info. To proceed with this idea we need to be able to split these multiple idea into separate, individual requests. Can you help us by identifying which from your ideas below is the most important in this single post and then submit new ideas for the others? 

Thanks so much,
Amy
kentarootaki
Level 3
Hi Amy. Thank you for replying my post.
I separated my requests between UI and "WCAG" guidelines. 
Could you please give me some advice about "WCAG" guidelines in this post?

Best,
Kentaro
AmyTsaousi
Community Team
Community Team
Hi Kentaro, 
We've reviewed your idea again after you've split the two suggestions into separate ideas and we've agreed to take this idea through to be scored by our internal team. Please check back here for updates as your idea progresses through the ideation journey. 
Many thanks,
Amy