cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OrjanAlmen
Level 6
When you are running several resources I find that I would want to add a comment in resource management that can show up in control room.

Great way to comment on which resources are installed with which software, for example. Grouping can provide some of this, but sometimes you would need further information on which resource is meant to do what. If having < resources and this can be a small issue, but with 10+, especially if your IT sets up machines with random names that can not be altered, this can start off being an issue.
1 Comment
Walter.Koller
Level 11
I am also a big fan of adding custom information to control room / resources.
My initial thought was also to have a comment field where I can add hints on what is the purpose, usage, status, ... of a resource to easily and quickly find what I am looking for.

With 25+ resources, all with names that look more like a randomly generated password than something I could remember, it is cumbersome to keep track on such hints in XLS or similar.

Some help could be the use of groups in Resource Management but not when it comes to very specific information, maybe only valid for single VDI. In worst case there would be one resource in one group in a hierarchie of several levels. This would be contra productive.

Another option would be a tag field, so certain tags can be defined, added, ... and most importantly, those tags could be used in filters.

Nice but a little bit of a gimmick is to be able to add symbols to a resource, for flagging certain status. Typical symbols for this purpose are: red/green dot, smiley, arrow up/down, ...