cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WillemBorgesius
Level 4

Many of our clients want to build the infrastructure for Blue Prism into their existing IT environment, which is often Server based only.  They do not run any Windows 10 or Windows 11 VMs, so they want to build Server OS machines for the runtime resources.  

We have successfully used Windows Server 2012 and Server 2016 with Desktop Experience as runtime resources.  These were supported according to older documentation.

Currently, it is shown that Windows Server is not supported at all for Runtime Resources.  I raised a ticket about it, and they say Windows Server is not supported, although it might work.

It would be very useful for there to be support for Windows Server OS for runtime resources, as a number of our clients are reluctant to build Win 10 or Win 11 machines, and we have successfully been using Server 2012 and 2016.  As these versions are getting quite old now, I would like Server 2019 (and newer versions) to be supported.

3 Comments

Hello @Willem Borgesius,

Thanks for taking the time to raise an idea.

We intend to take forwards the evaluation of runtime resources and interactive clients to confirm support for use of these components on Windows Server 2019 as well as several other Windows Server OS versions.

As we're currently working through requirements on this, I'm unable to confirm exact delivery timelines so have instead opted to move this into a Planned - Next status to demonstrate our commitment to this point. Hopefully when our current conversations have concluded I'll be able to be more specific with a delivery window.

Regards,

Rob

Hi @Willem Borgesius,

Having received an update from our internal teams, we believe that there are no product changes that are needed to certify the use of Windows Server 2019 with interactive clients and runtime resources with recent releases of Blue Prism Enterprise.

As a result of this update, I've updated the status of this idea to Planned - Now to reflect the fact that this certification is something we expect to deliver in the coming months.

Regards,

Rob

WillemBorgesius
Level 4

Thanks for the update Robert - I am very pleased you are committed to this point.  It makes our lives a lot easier when interacting with client IT departments that don't host any other Win10/Win11 machines.