cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism Foundation Training Section 11 - Consolidation Exercise

Ronaldvan_Zon
Level 2

Hello,

In this section i'm stuck on the order processing because for some reason i can't find a way to interact with the dropdown on the order page in "Centix Data Solutions".

I know that in "Select UI Automation Element" it should be "(combo box)", but for some reason every combination of selecting (part) of the item and element type i can't get the "select option" other seem to get when choosing the action.

Am i looking at this wrong or is there another way of getting this to work?

FYI: Im using version 7.2 of blue prism

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

harish.m
Level 12

Hi Ronalad Van Zon,

Did you get chance to use different modes like Browser mode and UIA mode. there are always multiple ways to interact with drop down.

based on the screenshot you can try "select Item" action ? Did you get chance to use that?

I would use focus as well as Select Item action  to select a dropdown
Other Approach is 

Focus + Global Mouse Click center+ Global send keys( Down Arrow)  if you know the dropdown is not dynamic.

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

harish.m
Level 12

Hi Ronalad Van Zon,

Did you get chance to use different modes like Browser mode and UIA mode. there are always multiple ways to interact with drop down.

based on the screenshot you can try "select Item" action ? Did you get chance to use that?

I would use focus as well as Select Item action  to select a dropdown
Other Approach is 

Focus + Global Mouse Click center+ Global send keys( Down Arrow)  if you know the dropdown is not dynamic.

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]