Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser Extension

RanaAbu_Samhan1
Level 3
Hi everyone

I got this error when I try to launch a website application: 
"Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Launch' on page 'Launch' - The browser extension was not detected, please check that it has been installed and enabled. For more information, see the browser extension user guide.

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-7-1/en-us/Guides/chrome-firefox/chrome-firefox.htm"

Blue Prism Version: 7.1 
Chrome Browser Version: 106.0.5249.119 
Blue Prism 7.1 Browser Extension: 7.1.0.59614

------------------------------
Rana Abu Samhan
6 REPLIES 6

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi Rana.

It looks like you ran into a known issue with v7.1.  Take a look at this KB article: Support Center | Blue Prism Portal

You'll need to log into the portal first.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

RanaAbu_Samhan1
Level 3
It didn't work, can anyone help me?

Rana Abu Samhan

Hello Rana- Here is another support article for you.

https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/Automation-Design/Application-Integration/Browser/1811780012/Why-do-I-get-error-The-browser-extension-was-not-detected-when-attemptin...

Neeraj Kumar
Technical Architect

Hi Rana,

There may be a problem with Blue Prism messaging host. What happens now is, if you launch any browser then the Blue prism message host by default attaches to the same browser. So after closing the browser Message host is still running in back ground so it may not work at that time.
Before launching the browser through blue prism just check if the messaging host is closed or not from the task manager, if not then close it and try to launch again.

32403.png

Amlan Sahoo
Senior RPA Consultant
WonderBotz
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

JoãoSilva1
Level 3
Hi Rana,

Try to launch the Chrome with the Utility - Environment - Start Process: Inputs:Application:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" and Arguments:(your URL), after that put a Utility - Environment - Wait for Process Windows:Inputs:Process Name:"Chrome", Window Title:"Name of the window Chrome", Wait:60 sec.
After that try to attach.

João Silva

rsrivastava2
Level 5
Hi Mate,

Please refer to How to fix Chrome Edge Blue Prism extension issue

Hope this helps,
Regards

WeitghtRPAMatey