cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centrix Data Solutions "could not be started"

RyanSheffield
Level 2
Hello,
    I am trying to proceed through the Blue Prism Foundations Training, but I am stuck trying to use the Application Modeler with the CentrixDataSolutions.exe file. When I add the executable and try to "Launch," I'm getting an error from Windows that "This application could not be started." Has anyone experienced this before? Do I need to remove the files and re-download the Setup .zip file?

Any pointers would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

36647.png
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

HarpreetKaur
Level 7
Hello Ryan,

Are you able to launch the application manually? It might just have something to do with your org permissions.. Try running it as Admin and let me know how you go.

Regards
Harpreet

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

HarpreetKaur
Level 7
Hello Ryan,

Are you able to launch the application manually? It might just have something to do with your org permissions.. Try running it as Admin and let me know how you go.

Regards
Harpreet

RyanSheffield
Level 2
Hello Harpreet,

Unfortunately, I get the same error when I try running the .exe from C:\BluePrism\Training\Applications\Windows (by double-clicking). It does look like using "Run as administrator" works for me, though. Does this mean I should run Blue Prism as administrator to be able to 'Launch' the application inside the Object's Application Modeler?

Thank you,
Ryan

HarpreetKaur
Level 7
Hello Ryan,
You can achieve that by changing the properties > compatibility of the target application on the resources to 'Run this program as an administrator'.

Regards
Harpreet