cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doc to PDF with embeded Font

JyotiTiwari
Level 2
I am trying to convert doc to PDF. I have tried in all three ways ( Save as , Export to PDF, Print to PDF).All of them does not retain fonts from original doc file.
Any suggestion?

------------------------------
Jyoti Tiwari
3 REPLIES 3

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@JyotiTiwari1,

What you want to do is embed the font within the PDF. This can be done if you're actually using Acrobat Pro, within Word, to perform the conversion from DOCX to PDF. I'm not sure how well Microsoft's native PDF-converter supports this though. Try opening your DOCX in Word and then use the Export command. In the Publish as PDF or XPS dialog, click the Options... button.

33272.png
In the Options dialog, is the checkbox titled Bitmap text when fonts may not be embedded checked?

33273.png
Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

@ewilson, Thank you for your Response.
I have tried this option as well ,however it doesn't retain fonts in Acrobat DC. So, we will be using KOFAX Power PDF which retains the font as Source Doc file.
I have tried building code in MS Word VBO - extended to save file as Kofax PDF, but I am facing issue with DLLs & Namespace of Kofax Power PDF package. 
Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Jyoti Tiwari

Jyoti Tiwari

I'm not familiar with Kofax' Power PDF, so I can't offer much help for that. If you have Visual Studio you could always use Object Viewer to look at the Kofax DLLs and determine what their namespaces are. Is there not developer guide available?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange