cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to launch desired application

SebastianNuñez
Level 3

Hello Community,

I am trying to create an object but I am having some issues with the Modeller setup. I provided the .exe path, but this particular application can only be launch by clicking the shortcut created by installation process. But when provided with the path to this shortcut, Blue Prism fail to launch as well. 

I also tried to attach to an existing instance but I keep getting the same error. I am attaching some pictures of the pop ups for further details.

I am pretty new at this, hope there is a way to fix it.

Thank you all for your time,

Sebastian.

------------------------------
Sebastian Nuñez
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

In addition to what Robin mentioned, you should include the Application Name (title windows) + any command line parameters that should be passed to the target application so you are more effective when 'Attaching' to an app.

Hope this works, keep us posted.

Alexander Marlowe
Blue Prism
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RobinReji
Level 2
Hey Sebastian,

I have faced this issue in the past. Can you try launching this shortcut file using the Win+R (Run mode) rather than the application modeller? Once it is able to launch, you can directly attach to this existing window. You can use VBO to launch the process by giving the path of your .exe file. GIve it a try.

-Robin

Robin Reji
Associate
The Burnie Group
America/Toronto

Hey Robin,

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure I understand what you are saying. I can launch the application in Run Mode, but BP is still unable to attach to the instance.

Sebastian Nuñez

In addition to what Robin mentioned, you should include the Application Name (title windows) + any command line parameters that should be passed to the target application so you are more effective when 'Attaching' to an app.

Hope this works, keep us posted.

Alexander Marlowe
Blue Prism
Blue Prism