cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to determine whether database exists.

VarindaSharma
Level 2
Please help me in resolving the below issue that I faced while installing trail version of BP(v6.7.1).

Unable to determine whether database exists - A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 50 - Local Database Runtime error occurred. Error occurred during LocalDB instance startup: SQL Server process failed to start.
)

BluePrism.DatabaseInstaller.DatabaseInstallerException: Unable to determine whether database exists - A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 50 - Local Database Runtime error occurred. Error occurred during LocalDB instance startup: SQL Server process failed to start.
)
at BluePrism.DatabaseInstaller.Installer.CheckDatabaseExists()
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.LocalDatabaseInstaller.get_DatabaseExists()
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.LocalDatabaseInstaller.FullInstall(String username, SafeString password)
at AutomateUI.WelcomeWizard.i(Object iml, DoWorkEventArgs imm)

32463.jpg

I faced this issue when it is trying to create a local database after finishing installation, launching BP and setting the credentials (username and password). I have checked the prerequisites required to install the software and ensured that my device meets the minimum requirements. I have also made sure that the SQL Server "Allows remote connections to this server," the port is 1433 on Firewall and TCP/IP connectivity is enabled.

------------------------------
Varinda S. Sharma
Software Engineer
Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd.
6 REPLIES 6

Jared.Rumball
Level 6
Hi Varinda,

The detail of the error message indicates that the SQL Server process itself failed to start:

(provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 50 - Local Database Runtime error occurred. Error occurred during LocalDB instance startup: SQL Server process failed to start)

Have you verified that the SQL Server service is indeed running and that you can successfully access the local instance (i.e. using SQL Server Management Studio)?

Jared Rumball
Executive Director
Q4 Associates Ltd
Pacific/Auckland
+64211265253

Hi Jared, I too have the same problem and SQL server isn't running in my system, the only application is opened is this Blueprism installing process.

Eduraa P

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello Varinda,

We saw this back in October 2019 on another thread (Learning Edition - Cannot find DB error) and it seemed the root cause of the issue was down to not having the right permission to install and setup Microsoft SQL Server LocalDB 2017.

I'll stick to the previous guidance, which was confirming whether Microsoft SQL Server LocalDB 2017 is already installed, if not, attempt to install it manually outside Blue Prism.  Based on this, we provide some further troubleshooting steps.

Tip: See the comments on 11 October and 27 November 2019.

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism

Hello Jared,

No, SQL service was not running while the installation. When I tried to install MS SQL Server LocalDB manually outside the BP, it still showed me the same error.

Varinda Sharma

Hi Jared,

Thanks for your reply.

I am following the link to the previous thread provided by you and will try the same steps to see whether that resolves the issue.

Varinda Sharma