cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foundation Training - Session 6 - Failed to launch application - Could not open target process

LindaFuchs
Level 3
I am currently working on the Foundation Training and have followed along succesfully without a hitch until the end of Session 6.
( Session 6 video )
At 4 minutes into the video it states to reset and Attach. However even with the application open, it fails to attach the process.

33815.png
And I made sure that the process is running under the same name in the task manager as well.
33816.png
Any suggestions on how to solve this ?

Thank you 🙂

------------------------------
Linda Fuchs
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Guarav,

All is well here, thank you,
I don't think I explained myself properly in my last post so I will try to clarify.

In the Application Manager it states that; I should only enter a location if I want to launch the program if it can not be found. (see attached image).

33785.png

In this instance however, the application is already running, and the attach function is meant to hitch the program to the business object.
So entering the location for the program to start, would be counter-productive with what I am trying to achieve.

However, I should note that my application manager looks different than yours, as during setup for this application model, I chose that the application is already running, as per instruction in the tutorial video.

33786.png
In the other instances of the section 6 training, it uses the 'launch from executable file' option, resulting in the application modeller like you have shared.

If you (or anyone else 🙂 ) has any other suggestiosn on how to fix this? Please let me know.

Thank you
Linda

Linda Fuchs

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

GauravDhiman
Level 5
HI Linda
Trust you are well and safe.
The error looks due to the missing path to the .exe file for the application you want to run,
It will only attach if you pass on the location of the (.exe) of App.
Find attached the  illustration.
33781.jpg
Regards 

Gaurav

Gaurav Dhiman
RPA developer,ROM Architect
Melbourne,VIC,Australia
0413 930 960
Gaurav Dhiman RPA developer,ROM Architect Melbourne,VIC,Australia 0413 930 960

Hi Guarav,

All is well here, thank you,
I don't think I explained myself properly in my last post so I will try to clarify.

In the Application Manager it states that; I should only enter a location if I want to launch the program if it can not be found. (see attached image).

33785.png

In this instance however, the application is already running, and the attach function is meant to hitch the program to the business object.
So entering the location for the program to start, would be counter-productive with what I am trying to achieve.

However, I should note that my application manager looks different than yours, as during setup for this application model, I chose that the application is already running, as per instruction in the tutorial video.

33786.png
In the other instances of the section 6 training, it uses the 'launch from executable file' option, resulting in the application modeller like you have shared.

If you (or anyone else 🙂 ) has any other suggestiosn on how to fix this? Please let me know.

Thank you
Linda

Linda Fuchs

Hi Linda,

Wondering if you ever found a solution to this?  I am running into the same issue.  It was suggested that the issue was due to my program being "run as administrator", but I've removed that functionality and still have the same problem.  I haven't been able to find any other information on the site.  The link to something that was posted in a previous reply is no longer active.   Hoping you can help.

Thank you!

Jenna

Jenna Schnizlein

Hi Jenna,

Unfortunately I did not.

However, I have yet to come across this issue with any of the projects I have been working on since then.

Linda Fuchs

Hi Jemma,

Target application does not attach have following reasons,check these first and let us know:

1.In Attach action in Navigate stage,in the input parameters pass "Process ID".

2.In target windows input parameters "Pass the window title with * sign.

3.If you are trying to attach PDF reader ,it involves a particular code snippet,Let us know if that's the case.

Let us know if you have any questions regarding above steps.

cheers

Gaurav Dhiman
Deloitte AUS
RPA developer,ROM Architect
Melbourne,VIC,Australia
0413 930 960
Gaurav Dhiman RPA developer,ROM Architect Melbourne,VIC,Australia 0413 930 960

Thanks for the tip, but I have already tried that.  It's my standard backup to the attach that I include in all my processes now.

Is there anything else that I can try?

-Jenna

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Find the guidance and resources you need. Access our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information contained in this communication from jenna.schnizlein@sikich.com is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this e-mail message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by telephone at 630.566.8400 or the relative office number and also indicate the sender's name. Thank you.

Sikich2020

ParasGoel
Level 2
Hi, I think you are asking about the below?

I was stuck on this for a while. What you want to do is as follows:
> Go into navigate stage properties.
> You may have dragged across a part of the element to the right side. 
> You need to instead drag the overall element itself.
> so, in our case, drag centrix solutions across instead of dragging across Log in window.

Paras Goel