cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Data Items error message "data item is not referenced" Object Studio

RukuI_Anson
Level 3
hi there
i am learning blue prism following the consolidation exercise in the Foundation Course Training Guide 5.0.1.

i have come across an error in my Business Object saying the data item is not referenced.

32912.png
I think this is because i havent used that data item in any of the pages i created in Object Studio except item 'Global Timeout - S'.
I am trying to clear the error messages. is this something that can be cleared? or is it accepted that coz i havent used those data items that they will remain with the error messages?

hope someone can advise?

regards
Ruku

------------------------------
Ruku I'Anson
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

KirtiMaanTalwa1
Level 3

Hi Ruku,

Hope you are doing good.

In the screenshot, validation type is "Advice". It's just alerting you that you have some data items which are not in use.

In my views, It's acceptable and you can keep & use the same Global Timeout data items in new actions.

KirtiMaan Talwar

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

KirtiMaanTalwa1
Level 3

Hi Ruku,

Hope you are doing good.

In the screenshot, validation type is "Advice". It's just alerting you that you have some data items which are not in use.

In my views, It's acceptable and you can keep & use the same Global Timeout data items in new actions.

KirtiMaan Talwar

Hi Ruku,
Trust you are well,
Please elaborate more, 
Are you debugging? Or Development Testing?
This window will keep you showing something always, you need to pay attention if your work flow halts while debugging or development testing.

Secondly, let us know which page of what object is giving you this error?

ACE is specifically designed by BP to deliberately give you errors to make your understanding on tool.We have the solution to ACE but would prefer to help you research rather than giving direct solution.

Regards 
Gaurav

Gaurav Dhiman RPA developer,ROM Architect Melbourne,VIC,Australia 0413 930 960

Kia Ora KirtiMaan Talwar

Thank you for responding.

It's taking a long time for me to complete the training as I want to get everything right. 

Appreciate your advice.

I can go to the next exercise now.

Regards
Ruku I'Anson

Ruku I'Anson

Kia Ora Gaurav Dhiman

I am completing the consolidation exercise which is the first test or assignment I need to pass.

I have created a process in Object Studio and am debugging any errors. 
The next step is linking the Object into Process Studio.

The errors are from Global Data Items which are on the Initiate page in the Object Studio session. I have used one of them in a timeout step but not the rest.

KirtiMaan Talwar came back with helpful information. 

I'm new at this so any help is appreciated.

regards
Ruku

Ruku I'Anson