cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import BP release error

KeerthanaJ
Level 5
Just like mentioned in Foundation Training, i tried to import BP release from foundation setup zip file. But even after importing,i could access the studio, control, analytics are all disabled. I couldn't access it. I am using learning edition, is that reason for it?

------------------------------
Keerthana J
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hello Keerthana,

I think, your calendar on your computer will be incorrect, and maybe 5 days out.  Everything looks right except your system clock.

Let me share why I think this:

1. Your Blue Prism license is valid from 21 April 2020.
  2. Blue Prism thinks it's currently 16 April 2020 (Based on license not active for 5 days and the bottom of the screen indicates the time you logged in)

Therefore, check your Windows system clock.  If that looks correct, I'll defer to one of the Windows experts because Blue Prism is reading that date from something within the system.

33619.png

33620.png

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi Keerthana.

Apropos my response to your question titled "Unlicensed", did you receive your license via email when you registered? It usually takes a little while to receive it. Once you receive the email and register your installation, you should be good to go.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Yes i got the license key along with the blue prism download link via email after registering. I installed it and activated the license using license key. In activation status it is showing activated (check screenshot below). As you can see studio and control is disabled. 

But in the home page, it says license will come into effect in 5 days. Check screenshot.

Keerthana J

Hi Keerthana.

Thank you for clarifying. I've not seen this before so I've pinged the product manager who has been very helpful in resolving these issues in the past.

While we wait for his input, I have seen that there are occasionally errors associated with the installation of the software. I've seen it suggested that if you do a full uninstall of the BP software (and SQL Express if you've installed it as part of BP) and then reinstall, this has resolved various issues.

If you are willing, please uninstall BP and try again. If not, we can wait to see what the product manager has to say.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Thank you so much for the quick response.

I have tried that too. But still not working. So i will wait for the reply till that. Thanks!

Keerthana J

Hello Keerthana,

I think, your calendar on your computer will be incorrect, and maybe 5 days out.  Everything looks right except your system clock.

Let me share why I think this:

1. Your Blue Prism license is valid from 21 April 2020.
  2. Blue Prism thinks it's currently 16 April 2020 (Based on license not active for 5 days and the bottom of the screen indicates the time you logged in)

Therefore, check your Windows system clock.  If that looks correct, I'll defer to one of the Windows experts because Blue Prism is reading that date from something within the system.

33619.png

33620.png

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism

Thank you so much. Now its working after resetting the date.

Keerthana J

Great news Keerthana.

Thank you @chris.strong for the excellent catch and resolution.

jack​

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism