cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Outlook Email VBO: Save Attachment

KeithY
Level 2
Hi, I have tried to use MS Outlook Email VBO: Save Attachment action to save a specific file type (Excel) of attachment, but it just ignores the set file type and save all attachments into the folder, can help me to solve it? Thanks.
My setting is as below:
File Name = "*.xlsx"

------------------------------
Keith Y
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

JaredRumball
Level 6
Hi Keith,

There's a bug in the MS Outlook VBO where the Save Attachment action does not actually make use of the file pattern you specify, hence all attachments get saved.

Internally, the Save Attachment action calls the Save Attachments action (which uses a *.* pattern by default) and should pass the file pattern through to it, but doesn't...

So, you can either modify the MS Outlook VBO within your environment to fix that error yourself.

Or, head over to the RPA Marketplace (shameless plug) and grab the MS Outlook Extended object which already has the Save Attachment fix applied along with a heap of other useful extensions ready to go including:
  • Specify which Outlook profile to use
  • Actions that work at the root level of the mailbox i.e. not just the Inbox (like Get Items, Move Mail)
  • Save email as a .pdf or .msg file
  • Customise email replies
  • And lots more

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Jared

Jared Rumball
Executive Director
Q4 Associates Ltd
Pacific/Auckland

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JaredRumball
Level 6
Hi Keith,

There's a bug in the MS Outlook VBO where the Save Attachment action does not actually make use of the file pattern you specify, hence all attachments get saved.

Internally, the Save Attachment action calls the Save Attachments action (which uses a *.* pattern by default) and should pass the file pattern through to it, but doesn't...

So, you can either modify the MS Outlook VBO within your environment to fix that error yourself.

Or, head over to the RPA Marketplace (shameless plug) and grab the MS Outlook Extended object which already has the Save Attachment fix applied along with a heap of other useful extensions ready to go including:
  • Specify which Outlook profile to use
  • Actions that work at the root level of the mailbox i.e. not just the Inbox (like Get Items, Move Mail)
  • Save email as a .pdf or .msg file
  • Customise email replies
  • And lots more

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Jared

Jared Rumball
Executive Director
Q4 Associates Ltd
Pacific/Auckland