cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mainframe practice/learning, how?

JuanMontero1
Level 4
Hello, I'm getting ready for the APD01 exam and I really would like to be able to learn hands-on the fundamentals of mainframe automation with Blue Prism. As I understand, this is somehow a legacy technology, and following the docs in the portal can't wrap my mind around how to setup a demo/practice environment for this. Can someone maybe help with an itinerary (trial apps to use, sessions freely available to connect) for me to practice with mainframe automation? Thanks a lot in advance!
6 REPLIES 6

JuanMontero1
Level 4
Could not find a way yet, any ideas?

SukeshManthena
Level 4
Hello,   Search for IBM Emulators online(mostly trial versions) download and install it, finally start working on it.   Good Luck.

NarayanShrawagi
Level 6
Hi mainframe automation is same as other automation, just spying is different . Here you will get a grid where you can co ordinates location for elements which will be used by BP to identify position where it can enter text. Other than that, just Send key are different in mainframe as per the emulator. 
Narayan

NarayanShrawagi
Level 6
Hi mainframe automation is same as other automation, just spying is different . Here you will get a grid where you can co ordinates location for elements which will be used by BP to identify position where it can enter text. Other than that, just Send key are different in mainframe as per the emulator. 
Narayan

NarayanShrawagi
Level 6
Narayan

Niteesh_ReddyBo
Level 5
I agree with narayanshrawagi. In the project i'm working, we used Send Keys & Send key events to interact with the application. I feel this is the best method to interact with applications, when compared to Mainframe Spy Method. (Small Application Modeller, Easier to Maintain) However, when coming to certification perspective, this is not the case, as there are many emulators & ways to interact with each of these might be different. I suppose, ATK might provide a good practice to you.