cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spying Edge Browser Mode not working when new window open in the application

SANDEEPRATTAN
Level 3
Hi,

I migrate my Object to Microsoft Edge with BP Extension 2.2..0 but when I spy the elements in my application when click and it open in New Window I am not able to use browser mode.
Other Modes are working fine but I would like to use Browser Mode

Please advise 

Thanks

------------------------------
SANDEEP RATTAN
5 REPLIES 5

DaveMorris
Level 14
Could you describe the set of steps you take to reproduce the issue? Specifically, I don't understand what you mean by it opening in a new window. Is it a link that opens a new browser window?

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hi

i am using BP 6.9

I have application when it opens i can use browser mode for spying .

but when i click on button on the application a new window open and on that new window i am not able to spy using browser mode any elements

SANDEEP RATTAN

I'm using 6.10.1 and I am experiencing the same issue. 

Within the app, I click on a search button which opens a floating window, which appears to be a html <form> element. It's not a different process or window title as UIA mode can still spy elements within it, but browser mode doesn't see it at all. I tried using inspect within Edge to get the CSS selector to see if that would force Blue Prism to find the element, but that didn't work.

Dan Lister
Developer
Arvato
Europe/London

As a test try to create a new object and try to map this new window, I already faced this problem once, but in my case Windows Title was very specific and with that could not fill the other page because windows title was quite different from this

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
Recife
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

@Dan Lister See if it's not inside an iframe, usually the blue prism has difficulty accessing elements that are inside an iframe ​

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
Recife
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil