cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Automation - recognising text

PatrickScanlon
Level 2
Hi I am trying to get pg 10 ('GetDetails' BO) of the Adv. Surface Automation module (Developer Cert) to work, where you set the System Generated Arial 9.5 font and capture your regions etc.

I believe I've followed the instruction as required, but when running my updated 'GetDetails' BO, the resulting Data Items seem to only be populated with '|' pipe chars instead of the respective field text.. Any ideas?  (image attached)

------------------------------
Patrick
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Patrick,

Which action are using for the read stage?

The first thing I would check is the size of the region. In the region editor, zoom in and take a closer look at the box that you drew and adjust it if necessary. It could be cropped too closely or too loosely.

Patrick Aucoin
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Patrick,

Which action are using for the read stage?

The first thing I would check is the size of the region. In the region editor, zoom in and take a closer look at the box that you drew and adjust it if necessary. It could be cropped too closely or too loosely.

Patrick Aucoin
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Thanks Patrick

I am using the 'Recognise Text' action.

Anyway, your suggestion worked thanks. In Region Editor, seems you need to zoom in to ensure your region edges are drawn in-between the input field borders and the text values contained therein. Example attached for Account ID field.

Cheers

Patrick Scanlon

Surface automation is a demanding technique at present, where any 'noise' in the region, such as a border or stray pixel will contaminate the image being analysed for text. When things that should work don't, the first check is to see if the region/image you are asking BP to analyse is clean, or is there a chance that something is getting in the way? A simple test is to extract the region as an image data item using the same Read stage, then open the data item and take a look at the image - you may be able to immediately see the problem.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

when i apply read image this is what I get...but when recognize text i get horizontal lines..________ like this?
what could be the issue?

Vibhakumari Borad

I am getting same error now ||||| , then try just little inside the text box...but then i get ..,, kind of read. I am attching image. I tried going little out and inside the image..but its not working.
33198.png

Vibhakumari Borad

Solution is very simple. Actually we need to change setting in windows, there is some resolution problem with windows and blue prism. I change the setting to 100% under settings--there is advance scaling settings- make it 100%
It will log out and restart blue prism again and thats it, no problem !!

Vibhakumari Borad