cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unability to spy Microsoft Dynamics Web

MarcBart
Level 2

Hi all

I hope you can assist me in my first thread, or at least point me in the right direction.

We are running BP version  6.4.2.10610

I have quite a few processes running on our on-premise, windows client for Microsoft Business central. BP works wonderfully with this. 

However, since Microsoft decided to leave the windows based version behind, we are forced to switch to the Web based version. Plenty of challenges there! And one of those challenges is Blue Prism. 

In my first attempt to re-write my processed I couldn't spy anything. Whichever spy module I use, no element can be identified.  This scares me a bit... 

I hope someone has experience in this area.

Best regards

------------------------------
Marc Bart
Application Manager
VCK Logistics Airfreight BV
The Netherlands

2 REPLIES 2

marc.church
Staff
Staff

Hi Marc

Great name by the way!

Although I've never used Microsoft Dynamics Web, if it has accessibility built in, then Blue Prism should, in theory, be able to spy it.

There is a lot of information which could cause this not to work, including the version of Blue Prism you are using, the browser you are using and also the browser version you are using.

If you are using a later version of Blue Prism, as an example, 6.7 and above, you can try the browser extension with Chrome and Edge (chromium).  However if this doesn't work, there are various tools available on line that will allow you to check the accessibility of the application.

After testing, if the application has got accessibility built in and you are still needing assistance, please raise a ticket and we will look at seeing if we can get a resolution for this for you.

Regards

Marc

Marc Church
Senior Software Support Analyst
Blue Prism
Europe/London

Hi Marc

Marcs help each other out. Good to notice! 🙂

Thanks for these hints. I will start experimenting with browsers and BP versions. These processes aren't something we can lose. 

Will keep you updated

Best regards

Marc Bart