cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VivekGoel
Level 10
1- Mark as Answer-- And post that can't reply anymore to the thread
2- Mark as Duplicate.
3- Don't allow to post a topic in many categories. Instead allow to move the topic to different categories.
4- Any answer should have minimum 10 words in it. 
5- Convert as Knowledge base article
6- Have membership tiers based on points earned.
7- Have community members incentive for supporting ideas
8- Before submitting an idea/opening a new thread, make it mandatory step to search for existing ideas/exiting thread to avoid duplicates.
9- When I try to add a comment to an idea and attach an image, It allows me to attach the image, but the image is not visible when I edit/view the comment.
1 Comment
Hi Vivek,

First  off - thank you so much for submitting your feedback on the communities site! We greatly appreciate your insight, and have looked over each point made in your original post, and will respond individually to each. 

In the future, it would be fantastic if you could create a separate idea for each point, so that our team can review and update the status on each piece of feedback individually. Because this is all in one post, I will respond to all of your feedback in this comment, and mark the idea as Delivered, as we have taken steps to implement the bulk of your suggestions. 

1- Mark as Answer-- And post that can't reply anymore to the thread
We have been told by our community platform vendor that this is on the roadmap and should be coming soon! Exact dates to follow.

2- Mark as Duplicate.
We  are working with our internal AI team to build an automation  to help identify and prevent duplicate questions from being posted. As more information on this becomes available, I will post an update on the General Blue Prism Discussion community.

3- Don't allow to post a topic in many categories. Instead allow to move the topic to different categories.
Have you checked out the tagging functionality? It's an easy way to categorize and search for content. I created a post on it here: Quick Tip: Tag Your Community Posts to Appear in Search Results

4- Any answer should have minimum 10 words in it. 
Currently, it is not possible to set this up as a requirement, but I understand why this would be valuable. I have provided guidance on posting responses to our internal stakeholders, in hopes to provide more quality responses in the future. I would encourage the community as a whole adopt this behavior to improve peer-to-peer interactions as well.

5- Convert as Knowledge base article
We have recently started working with our internal Support team to encourage more synchronicity between the communities and the Knowledge Base. Our first step was to post this Knowledge Base Roundup. We are also looking to have more Knowledge Base articles created in response to community threads in the future. 

6- Have membership tiers based on points earned.
This is already happening! Please check out my post on gamification here for more information: Level Up in the Communities by Earning Points and Badges!

7- Have community members incentive for supporting ideas
We don't currently have the capability to reward points for voting on ideas, but we are looking into ways to incentivize this behavior, as it's important to us to see users supporting valuable feedback on the communities. We currently have a badge for creating new ideas, and we are looking into how we can create them for voting on ideas as well. 

8- Before submitting an idea/opening a new thread, make it mandatory step to search for existing ideas/exiting thread to avoid duplicates.
This is a great idea. I think the work I mentioned above on finding and addressing duplicate threads will do a lot to help this. We are also working on a few community enhancements that will make searching for and finding existing information on the communities even easier (more on that to be posted to the General Blue Prism Discussion community once I have more info to share).

9- 
When I try to add a comment to an idea and attach an image, It allows me to attach the image, but the image is not visible when I edit/view the comment.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We brought this up to our community platform vendor, and this appears to be a bug. They are working on implementing a fix, but have not provided a timeline yet. I will update you as soon as we know more. 

Thank you,
Melanie