cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download/Extract attached files from PDF

ManishKumar
Level 7
Hi Team,

I've encrypted pdfs with excel files as an attachment. Need advise on how can these files be saved using code-behind.
I'm able to save using spying but it is little time consuming considering huge list of pdf.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks.

------------------------------
Manish Kumar
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Manish Kumar,

Here's a Stackoverflow article that discusses using C# to pull embedded files out of a PDF. In the article they make use of the iTextSharp library.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49408808/c-sharp-list-embedded-files-inside-a-pdf-file-and-get-a-file-stream-to-one-of-th

I've looked over the various assets on the DX that provide different degrees of PDF support, but none of them appear to do what you need. So I think you're correct that you'll have to roll your own functionality in a code stage.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Manish Kumar,

Here's a Stackoverflow article that discusses using C# to pull embedded files out of a PDF. In the article they make use of the iTextSharp library.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49408808/c-sharp-list-embedded-files-inside-a-pdf-file-and-get-a-file-stream-to-one-of-th

I've looked over the various assets on the DX that provide different degrees of PDF support, but none of them appear to do what you need. So I think you're correct that you'll have to roll your own functionality in a code stage.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

Thanks Eric for the advise, I'm definitely going to try this out.

BR,

Manish Kumar