cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Resource Manager - Environment Configuration Setup Details

SeanBailey
Level 2

Hello, 

My organisation is keen to utilise the Dynamic Resource Manager (v1.8.4).

I'm am having difficulties with the initial configurations required in the DRM-Environment Configuration.csv and locating where to find these configurations.

As per the solution document the below is required:

• Server - MS SQL Server hostname or IP Address
  • DB Name - Name of the Blue Prism database on the MS SQL Server.You can find the information in the connection configuration used by the Application Server to connect to the SQL Server
  • DB Credentials - If the Controller Process accesses the Blue Prism database using Windows Authentication, then need to remove the bpdbreader, leaving this data item blank.

The connection set up is as per below:

35770.png

Please could someone let me know where i can find the:

DB Name

DB Credential 

& Also if the server name needed is as per the above screenshot. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

@Jarod Yang

Is this something you could assist with?

1 REPLY 1

JarodYang
Staff
Staff

Hello Sean,

Sure, I can help.

The screenshot you showed is the connection to the Blue Prism Server. 

You need to find a VM that has Direct Database connection to the Blue Prism Database - normally you can find that on the Blue Prism Application Server VM. For instance, if you login to the VM rpa-itg-arval-uk.dev.echonet.intra, and open Connection Configuration, you should find a connection that looks like this one (note the Connection Type below should be SQL Server (SQL Authentication) or SQL Server (Windows Authentication)😞

• If you use SQL Server (SQL Authentication), you will need to obtain an account with read-only access to the BPAResource, BPASession, BPAGroupResource, BPAGroup tables from your DBA, then update the bpdbreader credential with the account username and password.
  • If you use SQL Server (Windows Authentication) then the VM running the DRM Controller process will need to have a service account that can access the SQL Server and Blue Prism database - normally the Application Server VM should already have access if it's using the SQL Server (Windows Authentication) connection type. In that case you can test the process on the Application Server. 

You can also raise a support ticket at https://portal.blueprism.com/knowledge-support-booking-portal, if you would like to get on a call with me to help you with the configurations. 

35767.png