cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function for MS Outlook VBO - 6.10.2 not working

MartinMayrhofer
Level 4
Hello,

i've tried to use the Outlook VBO to read and send email with Outlook 365 and Blue Prism 7.0.1. Unfortunatly i'm not able to read any email. When running the action "Get Received Items (Basic)" Blue Prism it shows me this error message: "Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Vorgang abgebrochen (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004004 (E_ABORT))". I also tried some other actions but i always got the same error message.

On the used client Outlook 365 is installed and when running the action "Get Item Count" i'm receiving the right value from my Inbox.

Is there any fix so i can use the VBO?
1 REPLY 1

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@MartinMayrhofer,

This error can occur if Outlook's Trust Center settings aren't configured to permit programmatic access. Is this the first time you've tried using the Outlook VBO on this specific machine and user account? You can check the Trust Center settings by opening Outlook and going to ​File -> Options -> Trust Center -> Trust Center Settings... -> Programmatic Access. It should have either Warn me about suspicious activity when my antivirus software is inactive or out-of-date or Never warn me.... selected. It should NOT have Always warn me.... selected.

Cheers,
Eric