cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Graph API for integrating with MS Teams

kirtish_trivedi
Level 3
I have seen several post saying to ingrate MS Teams with Blueprism, we can use Graph API but I did not find any steps for the same.

Could someone please guide steps for the same. 
I have a requirement to send teams notifications based on the names/Id received on excel. Please assist.

I tried spyping Teams application using AA mode but it stops working after we terminate MS teams APP and when I relaunch I again have to SPY elements.

------------------------------
Asia/Kolkata
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

ewilson
Staff
Staff
A new integration for Microsoft Teams is available on the DX now.

https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=385&MessageKey=19a9c129-485f-4973-8a86-eaaa5712fa35&CommunityKey=1e516cfe-4d1f-4de9-a9eb-58d15bf38c81&tab=dig...

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hello, 

There is a suggestion in Post 4 of the community thread linked here

Can you see if that's able to assist you?

Shiyanbade Animashaun
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism
United States/Boston

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hello

We've just started to release some Web API service definitions for the MS Graph API. If you check the Digital Exchange you'll find implementations for Excel, OneNote, and general Users info. Team, SharePoint, and Outlook are next on the list to be implemented, but it will likely be a month or so before they are released.

In the meantime, you could implement your own integration using the MS Graph API documentation available here: Microsoft Graph API for Teams

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Blue Prism

Hi Eric,

good morning 

I just wanted to know if there is any timeframe for release Teams VBO. Thanks in advance !!

Asia/Kolkata

No exact time frame at the moment, but I imagine we may see something posted next month.

To be clear, this will be a Web API service definition. Slightly different from a traditional VBO and it will require a minimum of Blue Prism v6.4 (first release where WebAPI service feature was introduced).

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Blue Prism

Hi Eric,

Good morning

Just wanted to check if the Web API for integrating with Teams is released or not

thanks

Kirtish Trivedi

Hello @Kirtish Trivedi,

Unfortunately, it has not been released yet. It is still a work in progress as some other priorities have superseded it.​ I will post here once it is ready.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Blue Prism

ewilson
Staff
Staff
A new integration for Microsoft Teams is available on the DX now.

https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=385&MessageKey=19a9c129-485f-4973-8a86-eaaa5712fa35&CommunityKey=1e516cfe-4d1f-4de9-a9eb-58d15bf38c81&tab=dig...

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Blue Prism

Hi Eric,

We have tried setting this up to test out some use cases with teams and blue prism. We are able to get an application access token but trying to call any requests with that token comes up in error with insufficient privilege. Is there something we are missing with granting access in azure? We've tried going through some of the various documentations online but not finding success. Any point in the right direction would be appreciated to be sure we set this up correctly to look at our teams.

Thanks much in advance

Reid Larson
Innovations Analyst
Seyfarth Shaw LLP
America/Chicago

Hi @ReidLarson,

Sounds like you need to set the app permissions within your Azure Active Directory. ​To do that:

1) In your Azure Admin Console, go to Azure Active Directory and select App registrations
6050.png

2) Click the link for your specific application in the list of Owned Applications.
6051.png
3) In the menu on the left, select API permisions
6052.png
4) Scroll down to the Team-related permissions and grant the ones you want/need.

6054.png
Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Blue Prism